Need assistance with an unpaid bill?
Whether you’re a resident or business owner, Drops of Kindness℠ offers a customized approach to manage through these difficult times and reduce future financial obligations.
Drops of Kindness℠ options:
Customized Payment Plans
Flexible, interest-free payment plans to pay off your balance over time.
Connect directly with agencies that receive Louisville Water Foundation funding for assistance with bills and navigating the process.
- Jefferson County: Association of Community Ministries
- Oldham County: Call 502.222.0308 or visit the Tri-County Community Action Partnership
- Bullitt County: Call the Multi-Purpose Community Action Agency at 502.543.4077
Low Income Water Assistance Program (LIWAP)
LIWAP, a new Louisville Metro program, assists customers with their water and wastewater bill. The program is similar to Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Households within 150% of Federal Poverty Guidelines are eligible. To schedule an appointment for assistance or to learn more, please visit the Louisville Metro Office of Resilience and Community Services Appointment Scheduler or call 502.991.8391.
Please visit https://www.tccaaky.org/ or call 502.222.1349
Please visit https://www.mpcaa.org/ or call 502.317.0120
Kentucky Homeowner Assistance Fund
Customers who were impacted by COVID may be able to receive financial assistance on their past due water and sewer bills.
- If you rent your home or apartment, please visit: www.teamkyhherf.ky.gov/
- If you own your home, please visit: www.teamkyhaf.ky.gov/
Large Leak Assistance Program
If you experienced a large leak in 2020 or 2021 and you were unable to repair it due to COVID-19, Louisville Water, Louisville MSD, and the Louisville Water Foundation launched a fund to assist you with reducing the total bill amount owed (provided the leak was repaired). Please complete this form and include a valid receipt of the repair. Our Customer Service team will contact you to share next steps if you are eligible for the program. Note: This program applies to residential customers only.
Additional support for MSD customers
Emergency Wastewater Rate Assistance Program (EWRAP) - This program provides a temporary 10 percent discount on MSD wastewater charges for qualified low-income households. Learn more about the EWRAP.
Senior Citizen Discount - Senior citizens who are age 65 or older and have a gross annual household income of $35,000 or less may request an application for a 30 percent discount on MSD wastewater charges and the consent decree surcharge. To apply, please fill out and submit the Senior Citizen Discount application.
Ready to make a payment?
- Visit our lobby 550 South Third Street, Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or our other location in Shepherdsville, KY. We are following CDC guidelines and all customers entering the building are required to wear a mask.
- Drop boxes are available at our Third Street entrance and just around the corner on Chestnut Street
- Pay by mail, with a money order or cashier’s check
- Pay by phone at 502.583.6610 / 888.535.6262 (Toll Free) or online
Neighbor Helping Neighbor
Help keep the water flowing for your neighbor by contributing a tax-deductible donation to Drops of Kindness℠. It’s simple, and every drop, every contribution — no matter the size — is valued during this challenging time.
Please also help us spread the word about Drops of Kindness℠ to anyone you know who may benefit from the program.