Need assistance with an unpaid bill?
Drops of Kindness is an effort by Louisville Water and Louisville MSD to help customers with unpaid bills. Whether you’re a resident or business owner, Drops of Kindness offers a customized approach to manage through these difficult times and reduce future financial obligations.
How Drops of Kindness Works:
- Metro COVID-19 Relief for Jefferson Country residents
- Directly connect with agencies that receive funding from the Louisville Water Foundation for bill assistance:
- Customized Payment Plans through PromisePay
- Call a customer service associate at 502.583.6610 or 888.535.6262 (Toll Free) and choose the “billing and account specific information” option. You will be connected to an associate who will help you to find a bill payment option suitable for your individual situation. Please note that all calls are confidential.
Additional support for MSD customers
Emergency Wastewater Rate Assistance Program (EWRAP) - This program provides a temporary 10 percent discount on MSD wastewater charges for qualified low-income households. Learn more about the EWRAP.
Senior Citizen Discount - Senior citizens who are age 65 or older and have a gross annual household income of $35,000 or less may request an application for a 30 percent discount on MSD wastewater charges and the EPA surcharge. To apply, please fill out and submit the Senior Citizen Discount application.
Ready to make a payment?
Visit our lobby 550 South Third Street, Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or our other location in Shepherdsville, KY. We are following CDC guidelines and all customers entering the building are required to wear a mask.
Drop boxes are available at our Third Street entrance and just around the corner on Chestnut Street
Pay by mail, with a money order or cashier’s check
- Pay by phone at 502.583.6610 / 888.535.6262 (Toll Free) or online
Neighbor helping neighbor
Help keep the water flowing for your neighbor by contributing a tax-deductible donation to Drops of Kindness. It’s simple, and every contribution — no matter the size — is valued during this challenging time.
Please also help us spread the word about Drops of Kindness to anyone you know who may benefit from the program.
Unprecedented moment in our history
As COVID-19 entered our community in early 2020, we realized the critical importance water plays in reducing the spread of the virus. In March, Louisville Water became one of the first utilities across the U.S. to suspend turn offs for non-payment.
We hope Drops of Kindness will help address financial burdens for customers in stressful situations.