It’s snowing and you’ve already been to the grocery for bread, eggs, and milk ahead of a winter storm.
Here are 5 things you should know when it snows:
1) When temperatures drop below 32 degrees, pipes freeze and water mains break. Protect your pipes from freezing by following these four easy steps.
2) If you see Louisville Water crews in your neighborhood, please keep your distance. When crews are repairing a main break, flooding is likely on your street, in your yard, or on sidewalks.
3) Fire hydrants can also freeze so you may see Louisville Water hydrant crews checking to make sure they’re in working order. If you’re comfortable and able, clear the snow away from around fire hydrants to keep them accessible.
4) Know where your water shut-off valve is in your home and tag it! If your pipes burst, you’ll need to shut off your main water valve to prevent flooding in your home.
5) Louisville Water stays prepared for winter weather and any emergencies that may arise. Our goal is to keep Louisville pure tap ® flowing for our customers.