Kids at Engelhard Elementary School experienced the excitement of Derby on a smaller scale.
The Unbridled Charitable Foundation created an “Unbridled Afternoon” filled with celebrities, food, and fun for the 12-and-under crowd.
The foundation is the charitable arm of Unbridled Eve, an annual fundraising gala held the Friday night before Derby. This year, the foundation partnered with Blessings in a Backpack to surprise kids with appearances from local celebrities, media personalities and larger-than-life mascots, including Louisville Water’s very own Tapper.
The star-studded lineup included:
- J.D. Shelburne, country singer
- Mario Urrutia, University of Louisville football player
- Akoy Agau, former University of Louisville basketball player
- Monica Hardin, media personality
- Ginny on the Job, media personality
- Churchill Charlie, Churchill Downs mascot
The Blessings in a Backpack program serves school kids who are at risk of going hungry on the weekends. Tap here to donate.